Monday, October 22, 2012

George McGovern

I have a poster from the 1972 election of Senator McGovern. It is framed and hanging in my living room. Many years ago when he was in the Twin Cities on a book tour I brought my framed poster to meet him. We talked about that time and he signed the back of the poster. It is one of those objects that I would try to save if there was a fire.

I am so proud to say I had a car with a "Don't Blame Me I Voted For McGovern" sticker on it. And I'm prouder to say I had the chance to NOT vote for nixon.

He was a good man who spent his "retirement" years working to feed the hungry. I think he is one of the reasons I'm a bleeding heart liberal today. He was a man of peace who should now rest in peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and comment. I have to check all comments to be sure you aren't saying nasty things -- are you saying nasty things???? I knew you wouldn't. Keep reading.