Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Plug Ignorant

Have you ever had some one treat you like you're an idiot?

Last night I was at Micro Center trying to find a new power cord for my printer. This young 20-something woman asked me if I needed help. This was a big treat in itself because they are usually so busy there that it is hard to find anyone to help you. I told her I needed a power cord for my printer and she asked "Is it a Mickey Mouse or an Infinity?" Well I didn't know what she was talking about so I said that I didn't know and she gave me a look like I just told her I was in a hurry because I had a booger hotdish at home in the oven. From that point on she was nothing but annoyed and condescending with me. She couldn't find that cord because it's not the new standard (kind of like me) and I might be able to find it at Radio Shack. When I asked her "Do you know where I could find one?" she said "RADIO SHACK? You don't know what that is?" Well now that I didn't know my Mickey Mouse from my infinity and I didn't know what Radio Shack was she was totally disgusted. When I told her I know about Radio Shack I just was wondering if there was one close by she shook her head and told me to look online.

I have no doubt I was that arrogant when I was 20 something and someone as ancient as 50 asked me a question that was stupid. I wish I had a time machine and could go back and have a do-over and be more patient with "old people" like me. Oh let's be real, if I had a time machine I'd go back and tell Mike Evans that he's a pig and should die a slow agonizing death. And then I'd find .... oh this could go on for a long time.

By the way a Mickey Mouse plug is one with three holes that are suppose to resemble Mickey Mouse's head (?) and an infinity plug is one with two holes that is suppose to resemble an infinity sign on its side. I can't believe I missed the seminar on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to read my blog and comment. I have to check all comments to be sure you aren't saying nasty things -- are you saying nasty things???? I knew you wouldn't. Keep reading.